Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Chilled Pineapple and Coconut Soup


Minus the wine, this sounds really good. I don't like the idea of calling it soup, maybe more of a drink.

2 cups diced pineapple
1/2 cup sparkling water
2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
1/3 cup nonalcoholic white wine
5 teaspoons coconut flakes
5 teaspoons chopped macadamia nuts

1. Puree pineapple in food processor or blender until smooth. 2. Transfer puree to a large bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients except for coconut and nuts. 3. Refrigerate until well chilled. 4. When ready to serve, garnish with 1 teaspoon each of coconut flakes and macadamia nuts.

Makes 5 (3/4 cup) servings.

Nutrition Information: 70 calories, 8g carbohydrates, 4g fat, 0mg cholesterol, trace protein, 5mg sodium

1 comment:

Layton Sisters said...

I think you're right Beth. The whole 'soup' think is kind of freaking me out, but a drink, I could do. Fun! I will have to try it as a smoothie!!!

Love you.